The FASTLANEŽ ATM/SONET Encryptor provides high-speed, end-to-end, low-latency security for local and wide area ATM and SONET networks. The addition of SONET/SDH path level encryption to FASTLANE provides the additional security of link encryption.
- Field Software Upgrades (eliminates delays and downtime)
- ATM and SONET/SDH Capabilities in one Device
- ATM/SONET Device (OC-3c, OC-12c, OC-48c)
- ATM-only Device (OC-192c)
- Encrypts multiple levels of security
- Supports single user or multi-user computer-based group
- High Speed Performance
- Up to 10 Gb/s for ATM
- Up to 2.5 Gb/s for SONET/SDH
- Uses public networks, eliminating cost for leased lines and provisioning of redundant paths
- Over-the-Network Key (OTNK) distribution and rekeying (ATM only)
- Enhanced FIREFLY (key generation)
- NSA Notification on Enhanced FIREFLY Distribution
FASTLANE incorporates the multi-rate interface card that allows users to select ATM or SONET/SDH encryption at STS-3/STM-1, STS-12/STM-4 or STS-48/STM-16 rates without changing the line cards.
FASTLANE incorporates recognized standards and is interoperable with GD's NSA-Certified encryptor, the TACLANEŽ-Classic (KG-175), while in ATM mode. FASTLANE can also be managed by GEM encryptor management software while in ATM mode.
The FASTLANE is NSA certified Top Secret Codeword and below.