TCP Accelerator for improved performance over HAIPE-secured satellite networks. Rev up your secure satellite network with the Compact xPEP TCP/IP Accelerator.
Form Factor: Low-SWaP 1U high, or embedded in KG-250
Technologies: Supports Space Communication Protocol Specification - Transport Protocol (SCPS-TP), XL mode, and 1-way acceleration Supercharge your network to use every available packet over your secure satellite connection with the Compact xPEP from ViaSat. Because HAIPE® encryption algorithms foil the ordinary TCP acceleration techniques employed by Satcom modems and VSAT equipment, secure satellite networks rely on ViaSat's eXtreme Performance Enhancing Proxy (xPEP) technology to overcome latency issues. When placed in a satellite network alongside a HAIPE Inline Network Encryptor (INE), the Compact xPEP provides TCP/IP acceleration for reliable end-to-end communications without requiring any changes to end-user equipment or software. The device ensures faster, more dependable performance over high-latency links, so you can successfully run web applications, send email, and transfer files over your secure satellite connection.
Rev Up Your Secure Satellite Network:
- Accelerates TCP traffic over TDMA and FDMA networks
- Low Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP)
- Works with any HAIPE IP Network Encryptor
- Supports SCPS (Space Communication Protocol Standard)
xPEP Technology Also Available as Embedded Software in KG-250 HAIPE IP Network Encryptor:
- Embedded software upgrade in ViaSat's AltaSec® KG-250 INE
- Eliminates the need for extra acceleration devices in the network
- Ideal for secure networking in mobile or space-limited environments
- Available to KG-250 users via an optional software download - even for already-deployed KG-250s